Survey of Emacs Lisp, Perl, Python, and Tcl (and Icon?)

Erik E. Rantapaa (rantapaa@s5.math.umn.edu)
Fri, 3 Jul 92 15:16:38 CDT

brannon@jove.cs.caltech.edu (Terrence M. Brannon) writes:

>The purpose of this FAQ is to expose people to several languages which
>can cutdown/eliminate shell programming and C programming.

I would suggest adding Icon to your survey. It runs on most Unix platforms,
can be interpreted or compiled, and has been used for a lot of the things
that shells scripts and Perl has been used for.

Unforunately I am not that experienced with using it so I can't give
you more particulars -- perhaps someone else can (or ask comp.lang.icon).