Hylafax Mailing List Archives

[hylafax-users] hylafax and PHP and ghostscript

Bonjour à tous,

Could it be possible into PHP to simply select a file (a Openoffice
Text or Calc etc ...) and make an automatic translation into
Postscript file format ? I meen a silent printing of the file in
background ?
ooh, (I hope this is not a dreaming question, it is early in France!)

Cause here it is :
I have made an interface into IMP (Imap Webmail Program - horde.org)
witch is made in PHP and the only thing the user must do is to ADD a
generic printer "Apple laser ..." and configure this printer (here in
Europe we have the "Euro" caracter that is not supported by the
printer "Apple laser ..." and at the impression we have to send the
truetype fonts to the printer for fax to be OK at reception)
But the user must Open is document before sending it, and print it to
a file that is for the "end user" a difficult task.

As anyone think about this one time or really experiment this ?

Xavier Poirier
Service Informatique - Hôpital Fleyriat
Tel: 04 74 45 41 17
eFax: 04 74 23 04 53